If you are advising a client who is considering a planned gift or bequest to The Oregon Humane Society, we welcome the opportunity to work with you in helping your client. Please use the below resources and tools and feel free to contact us any time for further information or assistance on a confidential basis.
Here is some basic information about our organization:
All charitable gifts should be directed to “The Oregon Humane Society, 1067 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97211, a Oregon 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable organization, or its successor, Federal Tax Identification Number: (Please contact us for OHS’s EIN/TIN number).”
Tax I.D. Number
(Please contact us for OHS’s EIN/TIN number).
Consistent with safeguarding its own interests, The Oregon Humane Society tries to make arranging a gift for the organization’s benefit as easy as possible, and we strive to honor the intentions of all our donors. Accordingly, we hope the following will prove helpful:
- Click here for suggested bequest wording.
If one of your clients arranges an estate gift for the benefit of OHS, we would very much appreciate knowing about the gift, both so we can express our sincere gratitude and – as noted above – so we can make sure we will be able to fulfill the donor’s wishes.
Of course, we respect the fact that in some cases donors prefer to remain anonymous. If you are willing to serve as an intermediary, a client of yours can share information about his or her plans without divulging his or her identity.
- Click here to learn more about how to make provisions for your client’s pets with the Friends Forever Program™.
- Click here for a confidential form that can be used in notifying The Oregon Humane Society that an estate gift has been arranged for the foundation's benefit.
Finally, we want to be of assistance to you in any way we can, whether you are simply looking for general information about charitable giving, considering particular options on behalf of a particular client, or needing our cooperation in the administration of a bequest or other type of planned gift.
- Contact us to discuss a potential – or hypothetical – gift situation or to request a gift illustration.
- Give our online calculator a try.
Thank you for the work you do on behalf of our donors!