Friends Forever Program™
Most of us expect to outlive our animal companions. But what if, due to unexpected medical incapacity or death, we are no longer able to care for them? Our pets have given us so much: unconditional love, joy, comfort, and unfailing friendship. Preparing for their safety and security in the event of our absence is the final, but perhaps most significant, act of this lifelong friendship.
Regardless of whether your beloved companion is a dog, cat, bird, rabbit, or other pet, OHS can help you plan for his or her welfare should he/she outlive you. In Oregon, as in most states, you cannot leave money directly to your pets, however, with OHS’s unique Friends Forever Program™, you can make provisions for the care and adoption of your surviving pets through your will or other estate documents.
By enrolling in Friends Forever™ and making a planned gift to OHS you have our promise to immediately receive, care for, and place into new homes, any surviving pets. Your pets depend on you to meet their needs—food, water, a warm place to sleep, and love—and OHS promises to be there for them when you no longer can.
To learn more about using Friends Forever™ to ensure the welfare of your pets:
- Download What is Friends Forever?
- Download Your Planned Gift
- Download the Sample Bequest Language which provides suggested language to provide to your attorney. The suggested language can be modified to meet your specific needs or situation
- Download the checklist and follow the steps to enroll your pets
To Enroll Today
- Download and complete this Enrollment Form
- Download and complete a Pet Profile (pdf) for every pet you want to enroll.
- If desired, complete a Letter to New Caregiver (optional) for any information that isn’t covered on the Pet Profile form.
- When completed, please contact OHS to complete your pet(s) enrollment.
If you would like to learn more about using Friends Forever™ to ensure the welfare of your pets, we welcome your phone call or email. To receive your Friends Forever™ information folder (including language your attorney can add to your estate document) please provide your postal mailing address to one of the following:
Gary Kish, Vice President, Legacy Gifts & Strategic Initiatives
Phone: (503) 416-2988 direct line or email